Radium Engineering Focus RS Cankcase Catch Can Kit (Fits 2016 ‑ 2018)
The 2016 - 2018 Ford Focus RS Crankcase Catch Can Kit mounts on the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) in the back left of the engine bay using a custom bracket for the Focus RS. An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from high performance driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance.
This catch can runs inline with the crankcase breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience high flow out of the crankcase. This would normally lead to oil and sludge accumulation in the air filter intake pipe. Oil accumulation will occur in the intercooler which lowers the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchanger and leads to decreased performance.
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake and intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces each
- Anodized oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Anodized laser cut Focus RS specific mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum -AN adapter fittings and hose ends
- Includes Enough PCV hose for custom applications
- Includes Stainless steel mounting hardware