ICON 2021+ Ford Bronco Hoss 1.0 Rear EXP Coilover 2.5in
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce our 21-UP Bronco EXP Shocks. EXP Series shock absorbers by ICON Vehicle Dynamics combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the Bronco’s factory coil spring and other components. EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded coilovers, providing suspension lift, custom-tuned performance and maximum travel all in an economical package.
EXP Series is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. The one-piece digressive piston design is valved specifically for the Bronco to provide unsurpassed performance and ride quality on and off-road.
The 6061 billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the molded heavy duty urethane coil spring seat that is specifically design for fit each of the Bronco model’s OE coil spring. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable ride height adjustment from 0 to 3” over stock, depending on the Bronco’s OE suspension system (HOSS 1.0 or 2.0). EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation, with the shaft ends machined to re-use the Bronco’s OE upper shock and spring mounts.
EXP shocks are custom tuned by ICON engineers to maximize damping performance when used in conjunction with the Bronco’s stock coil springs. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Vehicle specific design for 2021-UP Ford Bronco with HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoirs
- Adjustable ride height from 1.5-3” of rear lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Utilizes factory coil and coil hardware
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
- One-piece, impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offers excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish
- PTFE lined spherical bearing for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- 100% Bolt-on, no cutting or welding necessary for installation
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5" w/ 5.75” Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (37" tire packages require trimming and modifications)
- TECH NOTE: EXP Coilovers are sold individually (quantity of 2 are required per vehicle)
- TECH NOTE: Only compatible with 2021-UP Ford Broncos equipped with HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with Bronco Raptor
HOSS Package Notes
HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package is standard equipment on MOST Bronco sub-models without the Sasquatch package
- Exception: Bronco Badlands (HOSS 2.0 package is standard equipment, even without Sasquatch package)
HOSS 2.0 Suspension Package is standard equipment on MOST Bronco sub-models with the Sasquatch package
- Exception: 2022 Bronco Wildtrak (Optional HOSS 3.0 package)
- HOSS 3.0 Suspension Package is optional equipment on 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
HOSS 4.0 Suspension Package is standard equipment on Bronco Raptor